Friday, January 16, 2009

Ms. Lib

Kind words are important. A few kind words completely turned my day around today.

I was having a terrible day this morning at work. I work at a drive-thru coffee/smoothie shop. I was so stressed I was ready to cry and/or throw the coffee pot out the window. I have a few usual customers who come by most days and order the same exact thing. Theres one sweet older lady in an SUV that comes by and she just makes me smile. She always has a smile for me, orders a caramel machiato everything light, leave me all of the change (which is at least a dollar and if you work for tips thats a lot), and ALWAYS starts a conversation with me. Today was no different. I had just started to shed a tear when I saw a car pull up. I wiped my face real quick hoping the customer didnt see and turned around and there she was with a big ole smile on her face. She ordered her usual and told me not to even bother with her change. So I made her drink and when I gave it to her she asked me my name for the first time. I told her and she said "well, Alyssa, my name is Lib. L-i-b. Like 'womens lib'! That way you won't forget it!" She went on to ask me how I spelled it and which of my parents picked it. Before she drove off she told me she'd see me Monday and to stay warm. After she left I couldnt stop smiling and I said a little prayer of thanks for Ms. Lib.

So kind words are important! You never know whos having a crap day and a few nice, uplifting words from you can turn it around!

4 comments:

  1. I love when you are having a horrible day and someone so nice comes around and makes you smile. I wish i was an upbeat person so i could make people's days better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so great! I love how something as small as a smile can just make your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, I was just cruizing through the blogs, and this story caught my attention. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. I'm glad she made you smile.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover