Monday, March 8, 2010

My Oscar Thoughts

The Oscars were last night! I love love love award season. Partially for the competition but mostly for the fashions! I'm so glad Christoph Waltz won for Best Supporting Actor. He was brilliant and evil in Inglorius Basterds.

While I love Sandra Bullock and I'm glad she won, I was almost pulling for Meryl Streep. I mean, the woman is arguably the most talented actress of our time, has had 17 nominations and hasn't won since the earlt 1980's! Did you see her performance in Julie and julia?? Sooo funny!!

Monique's acceptance speech really made me groan and roll my eyes. Seiously, be gracious and stop playing the race card. To me, she implied that if any of the other talented actresses had won, it would have been because of politics and their white race instead of their performances.
By far the funniest moment was Ben Stiller made up as a character from Avatar! Priceless...and more than a little scary with the yellow eyes...

Here are my picks for Best Dressed!
Cameron Diaz:
Carey Mulliagn:

Amanda Seyfried:
And now for the Worst Dressed (in my humble opinion):
Zoe Saldana. The first thing I said out loud when I saw this was "that dress is a travesty".
Vera Farmiga. This dress added 20 pounds to her body.

The usually stunning SJP:



1 comment:

  1. what about j lo! i normally can't stand her but she looked gorgeous in her dress.

    xoxo

    www.thehautebitch.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover