Thursday, April 8, 2010

I hate Jacksonville

This is how I'm feeling right now. Totally overwhelmed. I started packing our closet today. All my stuffed animals (yes, I still have some), hats and purses. Theeen I ran out of boxes. =)

We've had a day, let me tell you. I tried calling Chris today when he went on chow and he wouldn't answer. He called me from his work line a little later saying that his phone was stolen. Awesome.
I sent a less than friendly text message to the theif telling him that Chris was headed to NCIS to file a report. At the end of the day Chris discovered that the phone had miraculously transported itself to some random spot. Odd. I like to think it was my threat that did the trick.
THEN, right before Chris gets home I'm starving and decide to make me some ramen noodles (beef is my favorite). I got to boil the water only to find out....I forgot the water bill and it's been shut off.
Fantastic.
I call and pay the balance (or what I thought was the balance) on the automated system. THEN I call to make sure a work order was put in to have the water turned back on. Turns out I didn't pay the reconnection fee. The girl tells me to pay it through the system and then call her back so she can schedule to have it turned on. I pay AGAIN and then try to call her back. THis is at 5:00. They're closed. The little idiot knew she was about to walk out the door and didn't bother to tell me. So no water for us tonight. I had to brush my teeth with a jug of water that's been in the car all day.
Today has just been one of those days where I'm cursing this town and all the people in it. I know it's childish but I just want to piss and moan. Just 16 more days here. It seems like it was last week when the countdown read "109 days". Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! We're gearing up to move in the next six weeks and it's one big mess! So much to do and prepare for and so many unexpected issues...ughhh. Best of luck to you! I'm sure it will all come together! xoxo katie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover