Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Didnt see that coming...

Last night Eclipse premiered and the day didn't quite turn out as I expected...
For the past week I'd been feeling really weird. Dizziness, bad headaches, and extreme exhaustion. I left work early yesterday to go the doctor and had Kaylen go with me. I tell them all my symptoms and they put me through the ringer. I hate doctors offices. I hate needles and I hate blood. Of course they have to take blood and the nurse said "probably a lot of it". Great. Kaylen was right beside me the whole time stroking my hair while I whimpered. I'm such a wuss. She gets the blood and leaves one of those plastic things in my arm in case she needs more later. They had me pee in a cup, do an EKG, and swabbed up my nose (this was new and it tickled). So me and Kaylen watch Paula Dean until they come back with some results. The nurse comes in and says "well...you're not pregnant, which I really thought you would be. You have the flu. A case of H1N1".
Hold the phone.
"That's swine flu right?"
"Yep."
"Didn't see that coming."
I have the pig flu. What are the freakin odds? So at this point I'm thinking, I'm about to go to a midnight premiere of a movie and I can hardly hold my head up. So me and Kaylen alter our plans. We take dinner home instead of going out. McAllister's. Yum. Potato soup is such a comfort food. We left the house a little before 9 to go to Target and get Starbucks and snacks for the theater. Wouldn't you know it, Starbucks had just closed. Of course. So we settle for Mt. Dews, skittles and slim jims. We were one of the first ones in line and waited on the floor for two hours. We played cards, read a tabloid and I eventually took a little nappy in Kaylen's lap. She's a good sister.
The movie was worth it all. It was amazing. All that I hoped it would be and MORE. So many new characters. The mood of this installment is so different and more intense that the last two. More action, more Cullens, more wolf pack. Less Edward and Bella time which is great. Because let's face it, their scenes are sometimes painful to watch. A lot more JACOB time!!! Love it! In one scene Edward says referring to Jacob "doesn't he own a shirt?" and the woman behind us goes "God I hope not!" I got so into it I even clapped during the final scene when the villain is defeated. I couldn't help but fall in love with Riley!! Such a cutie! Dakota Fanning and the Volturi were amazing in their short screen time.
I dreamed of vampires ALL night last night. If you've seen the first two (especially Twilight) and have low expectations for this one, I don't blame you. The first was an abomination. But this one is MILES better than the first two combined. I can't wait to see it again!!
I'm armed for the next two days off from work with a Dear John the book, my trusty laptop and the TV remote. And I'd also like to apologize to anyone in the movie theater I might have infected.
Love and good looking werewolves,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the movie! I hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I wasnt in the theater...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover