Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Marine

Today is a very important day in our lives. Chris' EAS date was yesterday so as of today he is a "former Marine". A veteran. Five years ago it seemed that June 5th, 2010 would never come. And now it's come and gone and we're starting over. I'm so proud of him and all he's done. In five years he became a Marine, became an Intel analyst and did two tours of duty in Iraq. He's worked so hard and we've been through so much. It's been a total rollercoaster but we've both come out stronger people for it, not mention closer as husband and wife. My heart bursts with pride when I think of the stories we'll be able to tell our kids one day and how he's been a part of history and something bigger than himself. I love him more than words can say and he'll always be "my Marine."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover