Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Belated 4th of July

I'm almost a week late posting about our 4Th of July weekend. That's bad. We had a ball. It was our first 4Th of July home since we got married over three years ago. I was so happy to be home! Sunday we got together at my great aunt and uncle's house with another branch of the family to eat and then swim. My mom took a ton of pics but I'm too lazy to post them all.
This is me and Kaylen after the magic of picnik. The whole gang:
Every year since I was little we've gone to Birmingham to watch the Thunder on the Mountain fireworks show. This year was no different! We tailgated in the parking lot for two hours waiting for it to start. The wait is half the fun! This is a pic my mom snapped of Kaylen and her b.f. Daniel sitting on the truck.
The next day we got together with the OTHER side of the family. More food. More swimming. This is baby Caden enjoying his ice cream!
Me and Kaylen logging in some pool time.

I had a really busy week at work and I'm so glad it was a SHORT week! I've never been so happy to see a two day weekend. Today I'm hoping to not so anything but be lazy. Outside it looks like the bottom is going to pour out any minute. It'd be a great day to curl on the couch and watch catch up on TV shows or read The Lovely Bones which I start the other night. Tomorrow is Sunday so that starts another round of wedding teas and baby showers!

Love and ice cream,

Alyssa

1 comment:

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover