Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Greetings from the Gulf!

Hello from BEAUTIFUL Gulf Shores, AL!! We (mom, dad, Kaylen and myself) arrived here late Monday night. The water is clear and beautiful. There are cleanup boats and nets a couple hundred yards off shore, but other than that, you'd never know there was an oil spill. From what I've heard, they've done a great job cleaning it up.
Right this very moment we're waiting out a little thunderstorm before going to the pool. Yesterday we spent most of the day lounging outside catching (too much) sun. I have lovely raccoon eyes from my big sunglasses. But hey, tan lines are better than wrinkles later in life. I'm so excited to finally get a little bit of a tan!! I've been pastey all summer.
The only thing that could make this vacation better is if Chris were here. I know he made the right call choosing work...but still. I miss my hubby.
Our last night here we're going to get decked out in our white shirts and khaki shorts and take the family photos on the beach. My favorite thing to do!!
It's going to be super hard to go back to work after such a relaxing vacation. But I won't think about that now. Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!
Love and sand,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Oh your vacation sounds so relaxing Alyssa!! Would like to go back to the beach myself..its been too many years since I've been!! Never been to the Gulf Shores in Alabama..is there alot to do/see there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres TONS to do!! The beaches themselves are beautiful. Nothing but white sand. Theres dozens of restaurants and souvenir shops. And its family friendly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover