Monday, August 9, 2010

Home again, Home again.

Hello all! Well there's good news and bad news. The good news is we had a blast in Gulf Shores and made it back safe and sound. The bad news is I'm sick again. I feel exactly like I felt when they said I had swine flu. Right now I'm lying in bed waiting on a phone call from the doctor. Always fun. Anyway, here's our vacation in pictures!

The Ferris wheel at The Wharf:
At The Track! Our favorite place!

The stuffed animals and stickers that we played so many arcade games for.
This city is Fairhope. Its the CUTEST little town. Looks like a Mayberry.



Haha. Kaylen's mean face.
At the pool the last day.
Beach pictures!



I took this one. =)



There's me in my floppy hat!!

I love vacations but I hate how they always go by too quick. But it was still nice to get back to my hubby. Mom kept telling me "absence makes the heart grow fonder". My response to that was that we've been through two deployments. A week is a friggin cake walk.

Yesterday evening, we had an early dinner with my long lost best friend, Marissa and her beau, Brad. I hadn't seen her in two years and it was soo nice to catch up with her and talk about old times. She brought up when we were in 8Th grade and standing on the sidewalk after school. Chris had a huge crush on me and would STARE at me through the bus window. He was so cute. After that since Chris knew I wasn't feeling well, he took my to blockbuster so we could have a movie night. We watched Dear John (my pick) and The Crazies (his pick). Dear John was really disappointing. I didn't even cry. The script and the execution was terrible. The Crazies wasn't much better. Same old same old. Little town gets infected and the town folk go "crazy" and the government has to control it. Blah blah blah. Buuut this morning I watched Remember Me. Oh my goodness. Great movie. I really didn't have high hopes for it but boy was I wrong. The characters are real. The situations are real. And the ending will have your jaw dropping. Totally didn't see that coming.

Once again I'm armed with bottles of water, Advil and tabloids. Wish my luck and hope everyone has a great and healthy week.

Love and chlorine,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover