Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Aging....gracefully?

I did something tonight I've never done before. I looked in the mirror...and checked for wrinkles. After walking away finding nothing I thought "I'm 22 and this is probably stupid". I have no idea why I'm so preoccupied with age. I hate to admit it but I dread getting older. It's not the fear of settling down, or having more responsibilities. I just don't want to get old. I don't want to be one year closer to death. I know that's a morbid thought, but it's reality. I don't want my hair to turn gray. I always want to be young and pretty. But it's coming. Slowly but surely. I hate that I think about this every single day. I try to think that maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe I won't mind it so much once I'm there. I'll be (hopefully) smarter, (hopefully) a mother or grandmother, (hopefully) will have had some great experiences, (hopefully) happy. I try to tell myself that I'll make the best of it and be the best 30 year old me or 50 year old me or (gulp) 70 year old me I can be. Maybe I'll be lucky and age as gracefully as these lovey ladies. Who couldn't hope to grow old and be that beautiful?:



Lots of Love,

Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Helen Mirren is the epitome of beauty at an older age. I hope I can be so lovely when I'm her age!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover