Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Live with Passion

This month at church our pastor is doing a series called "One Month to Live". It's what it sounds like. What would you do with your life if you found out tomorrow that you have 3o days left on earth. What would you change? Where would you go? Who would you spend your last days with? Every week this month he'll talk about a different thing he would do. This past week was about living with passion. Why do we get up in the morning? To go to work. Why do we go to work? To make money. We do the same thing every day. Our lives become one big pattern.
His message was eerily in time with what happened last week. That family didn't know they would die that day. I can't sit here and honestly tell you that I'm 100 percent positive that I'll be alive before I go to bed tomorrow night. Neither can you. We're not promised another day or even another breath. LIVE YOUR LIFE NOW WITH PASSION. Tell the people you love that you love them. Do something you enjoy even if it has no purpose. Take a walk. Watch the sunrise. JUST BE. I found it amazing that last week after the tragedy, on facebook how many people were writing on the friends walls things like "just wanted to say I love you" or "I miss you, just wanted you to know".
At the end of the sermon the pastor challenged us to do something this week that leaves us in awe. Something that takes our breath away. Something that inspires us. Here is mine.
I'm so glad I grew up here. How lucky am I to have a 40 acre hay field for a front yard? And it's gorgeous this time of year. Golden. It never fails to amaze me how beautiful it is. A picture can't really do it justice but here's me giving it a shot:






Love and PASSION,

Alyssa

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa-- reading this was a breath of fresh air. Your pastor inspired you, and you've just inspired me. Tomorrow, I'm going to say hi to strangers, skip to class, and do whatever I please. Tomorrow will be a wonderful day. :)

    PS: I love the full shot of the field-- I used it as my screensaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for making this post. I just happened to log onto blogger after a particularly hard day and this put it into perspective, I'm definitely going to smile and take today with a grain of salt! Keep us updated what your pastor's sermon is every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful post! There have been signs around our town lately about the "30 Days to Live" movement, and I've been wondering what it was all about.- This was a great reminder to live life FULLY! I'm going to keep that in mind today. Thanks for linking up to TPoTP! I hope lots of WP readers hopped over here to read this gem!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover