Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Avatar FINALLY


I FINALLY watched Avatar! Beautiful movie. That James Cameron is a genius. If you know me you know my two fave movies of all time are Gone with the Wind and Titanic. I saw the movie in theaters when I was 11 and became OBSESSED. Completely nuts. I read every book I could find on Titanic and watched ever special on it. I can tell you exactly how many were on board, lived and died. And I USED to be able to tell you much much more. Titanic will probably always fascinate me. But all that's neither here nor there. Titanic was also a Cameron movie so I had high hopes for Avator. And Jimmy didn't disappoint.

My only gripe (and I guess it's a pretty big one) is that it seems to be one big metaphor for the Iraq war. You know, the big bad west coming in and making enemy out of a tribe because they have something we want. Yada yada. BUT a co-worker made a good point. She sees it as more of an American discovery metaphor. As in settlers coming to the new world and thinking the "savages" are hiding treasures. Now that I think of it, it's kind of a CGI Pocahontas! Ha! Either way, it's a beyond beautiful movie. I find myself wanting some yellow contacts.

Before it's not Wednesday anymore here's....




{one} do you still use a checkbook?
Nope. No need to anymore.


{two} what size shoe do you wear?
7 and a half/8

{three} scary movies or happy endings?
I love a good happy ending that doesn't leave anything untied.

{four} do you prefer spontaneity or stability?
Probably stability.


{five} what is the most embarrassing cd that you own?
Definately Britney Spears. Wait, that's a lie. Lindsay Lohan's first CD.


{six} do you watch reality tv?
Not really.


{seven} what is your favorite home-made meal?
I'm a real meat and potatoes person. Anything with mashed potatoes, turnip greens and cornbread and I'm good.


{eight} do you have any allergies?
Topical vitamin E. Long story.


{nine} if you could open your own restaurant/store, what would it be?
Probably a little shoe/purse boutique. With victorian furniture. Yea....


{ten} would you ever go skydiving (or have you been)?
Yea, no.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen Avatar until it came out for the second time in theaters & I loved it! We actually saw it in the IMAX 3D theater so it was pretty intense. The hubs & I thought the same thing about it being a metaphor...at least it was nicely done though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover