Friday, December 31, 2010

To resolute or not to resolute?

It's that time of year again. Time to ring in the new year with promises we'll keep til about January 15. I'm torn about making one this year. I want to live healthier. I need to start going to the gym to take off some of these extra few pounds. But I know if I say "well my resolution is to work out X times a week and diet" I'll feel like a fat slob when I've already given up two weeks in. I'm not good about finishing things I start. I get bored and usually give up. But that would make kind of a redundant resolution wouldn't it? "My New Years resolution is to finish my New Years resolution! Yeah!" But I CAN start small. A good way would be this 30 day photo challenge. I mean, it doesn't say I have to do it in 30 consecutive days right? Here we go:


30 Day Photo Challenge Day 1: A photo of yourself with 10 facts.

1. My dad got the idea for my name from Alyssa Milano. He just tweaked the pronunciation.

2. I'm a Titanic nerd. I've been fascinated by it since my dad took me to see the movie when I was 11.

3. I was baptized once when I was 6. Six years later I believed I wasn't old enough to understand what I did the first time and was baptized again. I'm for SURE saved now!

4. I've had glasses since I was 4. I'm considering lasic eye surgery but I'm afraid I would lose past of my identity without my specs.

5. I think it would be cool if women wore dresses everyday for every occasion.

6. The softest spot in my heart is reserved for animals. Especially cats. Especially mine.

7. I made some of the greatest friends I'll ever have in mine and my husband's time in the Marine Corps. It just makes me sad that we're scattered all over the globe.

8. I love to read!! It's a dream of mine to be locked in a Barnes and Noble for a day by myself. I could read whatever I wanted and no one would judge me for it! Ha!

9. I was born 5 days before Christmas and I hate being a Christmas baby.

10. I've learned in the past 5 years that you never know how strong you can be until you have to be.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a gem! I was going to list off my favorites from you list, but then the list would look like this:
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10!

    I agree with you about NY resolutions! Mine is simple, but I have a secret hardcore one that I'm working on.

    ps: This photo of you is stunning!

    Happy New Year, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! We have a couple things in common, it turns out! My soft spot is for cats too..there is just nothing like a kitty!! And I was born on Dec. 12th..making me a Christmas baby as well..and I too do NOT like it!! Never have! When we were trying to conceive I made sure to not get preggers in March..since that would mean a Dec. baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover