Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not that long ago...

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I turned 17. I remember that day perfectly. I went into the hospital that morning because my blood sugar dropped. Fun times. After being there all day my family took me to eat at Outback that night. My cake was decorated with Disney princesses. The waitress saw it and said to my mom, "awww! How old is the little girl?!" She's 17. Ha.
But that was 6 years ago and today my baby sister turned 17. I could sit here and cry if I'd let myself. She's not a little kid anymore. She'll graduate high school in a year and a half and go to college. Her cake was even cuter than mine! Two layers with orange, green and pink icing. Perfect for her. I felt like such an idiot when I was picking out her card. I picked one up and thought "well that's stupid". I read the next one and started to tear up in the drug store. I bought that one! Happy Birthday, Kaylen!

Now before I start to blubber I'm going to proceed with day 13 of my photo challenge:
My favorite band or artist.
My preferences in music change occasionally. I have a bunch of bands that I like and have a lot of songs from: Paramore, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Metric, Imogen Heap, Flyleaf, Journey, ACDC....
But there's one girl I've loved forever:
Celine Dion. I've been a fan since first grade. She was my first concert in 5th. Titanic came out the year before which of course lead to one of her biggest hits. If you know me you know I love all things Titanic. She closed the show with that song. Seeing and hearing her belt that song in person was a feeling I'll never forget. Her voice is flawless. She doesn't need to use frills and ruffles. When she hits a note, she HITS it. And it stays there. In my mind she's untouchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover