Monday, January 17, 2011

You're the Inspiration.

Day 16 of the photo challenge is "a photo of someone who inspires me". The first person that came to mind is my grandmother. Or as I call her "Maw". Maw is 87 years old and has cancer. She first found out she had ovarian cancer right before my wedding. She was told she needed surgery before she could start chemo. She told the doctor that was fine as long as she'd have time to recover before the big day. After treatments the cancer went away only to come back maybe a year and a half later. She decided that she wasn't going to do anything about it. She's happy with her life and from the beginning she's never been scared. She knows where she's going and she's completely at peace with whatever happens. Until recently you'd never know she had cancer. And she's still not scared. I hope that when I know my time is coming that I can look it in the face and say "ok. I'm ready." I lived amongst Marines for 5 years and she's the bravest person I know.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post...I love the first picture, it's just breathtaking. The small moments :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover