Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out with the Old....

Yesterday was kind of a sad day for me. Chris and I both needed new cars (we've only had one for the past year and a half). We've been using my Lancer. It was my first car. My parents bought if for me when I was a couple months shy of 17. I called it The Jewel. It was perfect for me. Small and beautiful blue. Last night we traded it in for a Nissan Versa (a very pretty car itself). As we were cleaning it out at Carmax I found stuck in the steering column, pink faux flower petals that were thrown in our car at our wedding. I didn't think I would be so attached to it but I cried as we drove away in the Versa.
Here's some pics of me with The Jewel.
First Sunday driving her to church:

Dressing her up for Spirit Week my senior year. (It was tacky day if you didn't figure that out.)

Leaving our wedding! We were pulling pink petals out of there for months!

I'm going to miss my car!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I know how you feel! I cried when we bought our Ford 500 a few years back (not because I didnt like my new car)..we traded my Plymouth Neon that was my first car for the Ford..I was literally in the back seat sobbing as I was cleaning her out for the last time at the dealership! Pretty sure everyone though I was crazy..can't help it when there is so much sentimental attachment!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover