Sunday, April 17, 2011

World Traveler

Hello all. I'm finally back from a whirlwind trip to DC for one of my best friend's wedding. I left Thursday morning feeling a little icky. I figured I still just wasn't over sinus junk. I was patted down at security because I chose to travel in a flowy maxi dress. Apparently it would have been a good place to stow a grenade. Nothing to embarrassing. I went from Birmingham to Atlanta and from there to Dulles Airport. The bride picked me and two other girls up and we were off to the rehearsal dinner where I sampled my first taste of Afghan food. After the dinner we had her lingerie shower where I learned it's time to update my own stock.


We got to bed around 1:30 to wake up at 7 and make our way to the wedding venue. The actual rehearsal was that morning. After a quick run-through all the bridesmaids started getting ready. A lady came to do our hair and I did my own make-up. For gifts, the bride's sister made us each a necklace and pair of earrings to go with our individual dresses. Marissa was so beautiful I couldn't take my eyes of her. I teared up during rehearsal...then watching her get her make-up done...then during pictures later.


Here's the only picture I have of the bride and me:

The wedding was beautiful. I of course cried through the whole thing. I am so happy for her! We talked about our weddings countless times when we were friends in middle school. Dreamed about the dresses we would wear, the hairstyles we wanted for our bridesmaids, who the groom would be... And now they've both come and gone! I felt so special because after we'd pelted the happy couple with rice and before she got in the car to leave she hugged her mom, dad, brother, sisters...and me.


I got to sleep around midnight that night and woke up at 9 to get ready to head to Dulles. I woke up with an awful headache feeling really hot, shaky and weak. I was only wearing a tank and jeans but I was having to fan myself with my boarding pass through security. By the time I reached my gate (which I had to take a subway to get to. neatest thing I've ever seen) I knew something was wrong. I was BURNING UP. The pain in my head was excruciating. I was light headed and dizzy. I called my mom crying because I just felt to bad and scared being alone. I was tempted to just seek medical attention but I knew if they thought I was sick there was no way they'd let me fly. So I just did my best and pushed through. A nice lady held my hand on take-off because I was freaking out. Flying makes me nervous anyway but flying in rain totally scares me. I slept most of the flight.


I pushed through the pain from Chicago's O'Hare to Birmingham. By now it had eased up. At baggage claim I turned and who was behind me? Crystal Bowersox. The runner-up from last season of American Idol who got totally jipped. What are the odds? So I got a quick picture with her and welcomed her to Alabama.


My day still wasn't over. After Chris picked me up we went straight to Aldridge Gardens to see Kaylen before the limo picked her and her friends up for prom. Me already being super emotional, I cried when I saw her. She looked so beautiful and grown up.


So that was my trip. I wouldn't have missed that event for any sickness in the world...but having said that I'm so happy to be home again.

[Pictures later]

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time & your flight was ok. Sucks that you weren't feeling well, hopefully whatever bug you had will go away soon.

    Also, you look SO pretty in the photo! You're hair was so cute and that color of dress suited you really well :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover