Saturday, November 5, 2011

Daddy Issues?

Found that on Pinterest (of course) and HAD to share it.
I had an epiphany the other day. The husband and I have been talking a lot about babies and what not lately. I've been thinking which would be easier to raise: boys or girls? Would it be harder to teach a little boy how to respect women or to teach a little girl to respect herself? That got me to thinking how absolutely vital the father's role in a child's life is. If we have a boy, he will learn how to treat women by how Chris treats me. If we have a girl, she will learn how she is supposed to be treated by men by how Chris treats me.
I mean, think about it. How many people do you know that have "daddy issues"? Guys grow up being pigs and treating women like trash because that's what their daddy did. Girls grow up promiscuous and desperate for attention because their daddy was never affectionate or never said he loved them.
I'm so blessed to have a wonderful father. I've talked about him before I'm sure, but he's just that great. I told Chris loooong before we got married that he had big shoes to fill and that if he turned out to be half the husband/father my dad is I'd be a happy wife. Let me clarify: I have a wonderful husband and when we have a child, he/she will learn the proper way for a husband to treat his wife.
Thanks for letting my ramble. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, it's so true! Parents out there forget that they have little eyes watching their every move & end up mimicking them, good or bad. The hubs & I had this same conversation the other day so it's funny to read your post now, haha. I got lucky too, my husband treats me really really well & spoils me rotten, much like my dad did and still does. Just like you said, my husband had big shoes to fill ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover