Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happenings

Hello all!  I haven't blogged in two months and you've missed so much!

In March the whole family took the best vacation ever to Gatlinburg, TN.  Perfect weather the entire time.  One day the husband took me to the Titanic museum.  One of the greatest days of my life.  It should take an hour and half to go through the whole thing.  We were there for a solid three.  I never wanted to leave!

The whole family on top of the mountain:

My "baby" sister went to her senior prom.  She'll be graduating this month.  [Tear.]

Saturday the husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  That night we went to the nicest restaurant in town and stayed at a hotel just because.  We woke up Sunday and went to our favorite place: the zoo.

I don't care if I'm 24.  I freaking love the zoo.  They had a new giraffe exhibit.  You know they're tall but you don't realize how GIANT they are until you're feeding them.  Also it was mating season.  Naturally.  Notice how close the other giraffe is standing behind the one I'm feeding.  And of COURSE they wait til feeding time and all the little kiddies around.  Embarrassing.

The biggest news of all:
Tomorrow we are closing on our first home!  We've worked so hard for this and we can't be more excited.  I've been going nuts deciding on paint colors and hardwoods.  We will have a very colorful house.  =)  I'm just so ready to get in there and WORK on SOMETHING!  We're really blessed that we have somewhere to stay with no set date that we have to be out of.  We can work on it, wait a couple weeks for another check to pay for something else and have it as ready as we want it before we move in.  I'm just a ball of nervous excitement today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover