Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sad Saturday and Fill-In-The-Blanks

Yesterday made for a long day getting Miss Kaylen moved into her dorm.  She shares a dorm room with 3 other girls, one has been a friend and fellow cheerleader through high school.  It's not as bad as it sounds.  There's a joint living room and kitchen, a bathroom for each pair and every girl has her room own little room.  And I do mean little.  She was (more than) slightly overwhelmed when we got there and the moving group got all of her stuff in.  I took charge and kicked the boys (her boy and mine) out of the room so we could get started.  We hung up clothes (she actually has decent closet space), put t-shirts and pants in the dresser and decided where everything would go.  Daddy set up her TV and mini fridge, Daniel hung stuff on the wall, Chris and Don Don put together a little storage  tower and Mama set up her printer.  We ate lunch at Baumhower's Wings, went to Wal-Mart to grocery shop for her, and it was MADHOUSE with all those kids there doing the same thing.  Then we went back to the room for a short while to finish up.  We said our goodbyes and left my baby sister in that huge place.  Ugh.  I hated it.  BUT I can't be too sad because if  I don't get to see her again this weekend, I'll definitely see her next weekend for that wedding.
Speaking of wedding I think I'm going to try shopping again today.  Hopefully this time goes better than the last. 

Now before I get up and get going...here's Fill In the Blank Friday! 

1. The best thing to do on a hot day is to stay the heck inside.  We here in Alabama JUST got out of the ridiculously hot and faded into the just plain hot  .

2. The best place to be on a hot day is    at a pool.  If you don't have a pool, INSIDE!  

3. The best thing to eat on a hot day is    ice cream.  And drink sweet tea! 

4. Hot days   make me miserable.  I have a very low tolerance for heat .

5. My go to uniform on a warm summer day is a pair of shorts and a colorful fitted tee.  Thank goodness I don't have to dress up for work.  That would be extra miserable .

6. The scent that reminds me of summer is   Yankee Candle beach scent.  Can't remember what it's called.  Maybe just "walk on the beach"  .


7. My favorite thing about summer is    the colorful clothes!  The pinks, limes and oranges all together!  .

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that this was hard for you!
    But I am glad you will see your sister soon!
    I love colorful clothes too! Can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right about hot days! they make me cranky

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover