Friday, August 3, 2012

White Dress

 I don't know what I was watching yesterday that made me really think about my wedding dress.  Maybe it was pinterest.  Yea, it was probably pinterest.  I got married pretty young at 19 and what do most girls dream about?  Princess dress!!  And that's exactly what mine was.  I tried it on at the bridal shop and I had that angels-are-singing moment.  I fell in love with it.  But me being me, I can't make decisions so I kept shopping at different places.  With every dress I tried on I couldn't quit thinking about that one.  That's how I knew it was mine!  It was a classic ball gown.  And me being 5'3 it was BIG.  The top was strapless and covered in jewels in a kind of damask/diamond pattern.  The bottom was layers up on layers of lace and tulle.  It was everything I wanted.







NOW being 24 I wonder if I had waited to get married how different my dress would be.  Don't get me wrong, I'm SO glad I picked the one that I did.  It was me in dress form...at 19.  I like to think that five years later I've developed more of a personal style.  If I got married this weekend I imagine my dress would look something like one of these:  




Super feminine.  Soft details.  Flowy.  Cap sleeves.
Again, don't know what made me want to analyze my wedding dress, but thanks for taking this little trip with me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your dress you wore at your wedding..so pretty! I also love the other choices for now too..esp. the first one!! I think our tastes do change with time..for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding dress, it's so pretty. My mom begged me to get a big dress like that when I got married but I'm a lot more plain than she is so I went with something like the second to last dress. If I were to do it again I'd probably go with something w/a mermaid cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of these are lovely! The 19-year-old one definitely makes you look like a Southern Belle. :) Love the veil, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover