Sunday, September 23, 2012

I wish I had somewhere to wear a ball gown...

The 64th Emmys were tonight and I was somewhat disappointed in the fashion!  It's not that it was particularly horrible...it's just that I wasn't blown away.  BUT there were a few standouts in my eyes.
 
 Zooey Deschanel.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for baby blue and ball gowns.

Tiny Fey.  I'm usually not a fan of hers on the red carpet but this dress might have swayed me. 

And call me nuts, but I was really taken with this canary number on Jullianne Moore!  Maybe it's the way the red hair plays off of it.  And I think there's something so flattering about the long sleeves.

Emily VanCamp.  So romantic!  And I love the cute little bow bracelet!

Sarah Hyland.  This is absolutely something I would wear if the opportunity ever presented itself. 
 
Kat Dennings.   A headline on AOL.com had this pegged as "the dress everyone will be talking about tomorrow" because of her ample cleavage.  Big deal!  Have you seen Christina Hendricks???  She's ALWAYS got those suckers out!

I'll be honest.  I had no idea who this chick was.  But my goodness I love this dress.  It's Jane Levy, by the way.
 
My absolute favorite moment of the night was when Seth MacFarlane presented and went to the wrong microphone!  When he realized his blunder and corrected himself he made a joke about missing rehearsal in Stewie's voice.  Everything he says in that little psychopath's voice is a stitch!
 
Here's to hoping for more inspiring fashion choices at the next awards show!


3 comments:

  1. i love Zooey's and Emily's dress. they're so pretty. i think you'll rock them both as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the Emmy's on purpose cause they've kind of sucked the last few years. One thing I'm bummed I missed is the red carpet, love seeing what everyone wore. Zooey looks gorgeous, like always and I'm loving how pretty Jane Levy looks. Love her show, Suburgatory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great picks! This was definitely one of Zooey's best looks ever.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover