Thursday, October 25, 2012

300

I mentioned in my last Ten on Tuesday post that THIS post would be special.  And it is!  This post marks my 300th blog entry! 
 Not what you were expecting?  Sorry.

I am completely exhausted this week.  I'm thankful for all the overtime but good grief, it makes for long days.  On top of that I'm not feeling up to par.  Sneezing, coughing, burning eyes, sinus drainage...all the usual nasty stuff.  

If this being my 300th post wasn't special enough, today is special because it's October 25th.  Our Maw would have been 89 years old today.  So I'm sort of in low spirits missing her.  Missing her smile, her hugs, her sweet voice, her reassuring touch.  And I'll always miss the smell of her Jergens lotion and her legendary chocolate cakes.  =)
I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures of her.


The young, skinny one is my dad.  Her house looked exactly like that the day she passed.


Holding me for the first time.


I'm so ready for this week to be over.  It feels like Friday to me and that blows.  I know after a fun weekend of haunted houses and Halloween parties I'll be in better spirits.  If you're lucky to still have your grandmothers on earth, hug them for me today!

Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover