Monday, October 15, 2012

The Great Pumpkin Tradition

Like I've been talking about for the past couple of weeks, Saturday night we got together with David, Tracie and Tristan and carved pumpkins. Tristan was so funny! We got to hear him really talk for the first time! He was going on and on...about what I'm not quite sure.
Look at that lip!
Dad taking a break from pumpkins with T.
Can you tell which pumpkin's mine?  =)
Toward the end of the night we got to talking about how long we've actually been doing this every year.  We figured out that it's been 12 years.  Dad said we started doing it in the first place because he was having heart problems and had to have a defibrillator put in. That year he asked David to step in and help his 6 and 12 year old daughters carve their pumpkins because he just couldn't do it by himself.
I never knew that!
I knew dad had some pretty serious heart stuff when he was 40.  A pretty young age to start having trouble with your heart!  But I never knew it was so bad he couldn't carve a pumpkin.  That alone just makes me want to cry.  It makes me so thankful to have all my family together and healthy 12 years later!  David, Tracie and Tristan included!

2 comments:

  1. I love your pumpkin. Very very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my family would get together & do something like this, it's so cool! Love the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover