Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dueling Holidays

I hope everyone had fun last night trick-or-treating, handing out candy, visiting haunted houses, watching horror movies or doing whatever it is that you DO on Halloween!  The husband and I finally made it to Sloss last night.  The temperature was perfect for a haunted house.  Cold but not freezing.  We sat and watched Halloween on the projector screen while we waited to go in.  When our group was called and we got split into smaller groups, I was SHOCKED that a couple with us brought their baby! ...BABY!  Like still small enough to cry and be carried in one of those cross-body baby carriers.  Why would you do that?!  
Anyway, when I got home from work yesterday I saw that they had cut my hay field.  That always makes me sad.  But such is life I guess.  





 Now that Halloween is over (which also makes me sad) it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and then the mother of all holidays: Christmas.  By far still my favorite.  Don't get me wrong.  I absolutely adore Halloween.  Even more so just in the past few years.  Dressing up, the parties, the make-up, the music, the movies, the pumpkins and so forth.  It's so much fun!  But in the end, that's all it is.  Just plain fun.  
Christmas actually has meaning to me!  It's something to celebrate!  It's one of the events that my entire faith and life is based on!  Christmas has always been special to me.  My dad is a Christmas nut and I guess I am too.  I love everything about it.  The tree, the beautiful lights, the colors, the cold, the family togetherness.  I love the song "What is This" from The Nightmare before Christmas.  It's perfect!  You can't describe it and can't really put it into words...but it makes you feel warm and happy!
But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  There IS still Thanksgiving!  This is most definitely my favorite time of year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover