Sunday, December 9, 2012

Currently

Photo by Robby's Lady Photography
 Reading: I just started Cop: A True Story by Michael L. Middleton and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.  I haven't gotten that far into either one but chapter one of Cop was particularly gruesome.  I bought Anna Karenina on my Nook on a whim after hearing a lot of hype about that movie and what a fantastic story it is.  Only after buying it did I realize it was 1,180 pages long.  We'll see how long this takes.

Watching: Since ALL of our weekly shows have to come an end for the season (DWTS, SOA, Nashville) we are back on Breaking Bad.  [Spoilers Alert!]  We are at the part where Hank is in the hospital after being shot by and then killing the demon twins (that's what I call them because they legit freak me out).  Now Skylar knows what Walt is up to and how much money he has.  I'm curious as to how long it's going to take her to change her tune and come running back.  And so far I kind of like Gus!  He's intriguing. 

Thinking about: Christmas pictures we're going to take today.  I decided Friday that this would be a good year to do Christmas cards with us about to move in the house and all.  I'm so ashamed I didn't think of this sooner.  My idea is to get some of us sitting on our new fireplace.  The living room is still super junky from working on the house so last night I took a few simple decorations and cleaned around the fireplace just for the sake of the picture.  I put Maw's Christmas tree next to it, threw our tree skirt around it and laid some plain garland on the mantle and hung our stockings up.  Mom is taking the pictures for us and we were going to try to get some outside but it's so ugly!  Grr!  And we need to do it soon so I can have time to order prints and mail them!  Alyssa, why didn't you think of this last week?!

Listening to: At work my Pandora has been mostly on movie scores.  I added a Twilight Saga: New Moon film score (judge away)  probably a year ago and haven't gotten tired of it yet.  It plays music from Romeo + Juliet, Avatar, Pride and Prejudice, The Hours, and lots of pretty piano music.  It's perfect for work.  It gives me something to enjoy without getting caught up in the lyrics so I can actually focus on work.  

Wishing: for a little more down time.  We've got everything in the world going on for the holidays all while we're finally ready to start moving in.  There just aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week!

6 comments:

  1. New reader here! Ive heard from my friend about Anna Karenina and she said it was good! :)

    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well good! I'm just to have to hunker down and finish it!

      Delete
  2. First time on your blog. LOOOOVE it! Will be back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. That is the best picture of you two. Looks like one youd find in a magazine. Seriously, bravo.

    As for Breaking Bad...Skyler is a fucking bitch, hope she dies off soon and Gus is bad ass.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover