Saturday, December 22, 2012

Currently

Our Christmas card photo by Yours Truly believe it or not.
Watching:  Mad Men.  The husband and I watched our very first episode ever Wednesday night thanks to Netflix and a wild hair.  We watched three more tonight.  Why have we not watched this before?!  So far I love everything about it.  Especially the fashion!  Maggie Siff from SOA has been in these first few episodes and it's weird to see her out of jeans and leather and in pencil skirts and fancy hats.  And if I could pick any face in the world to have it might be January Jones's.  Oh to live in a time where women wore dresses and pearls every single day!

Thanking about:  I turned 25 yesterday.  That to me is unbelievable.  I don't feel 25.  I feel like I'm 18 or 19 and don't know what I'm doing.  I wonder if it's always like that as you get older.  Where you can't believe you're this old and still don't have it all together.  I look at my parents and think "wow, they ALWAYS know what to do!"  Will I finally know what I'm doing at their age or will I still just be playing it by ear?  Could it be that you never really and truly know what you're doing but you just make a series of a good decisions along the way and it makes you look like you've got it going on?  Did that makes sense?

Listening to: This week my Pandora has been consumed by Disney.  After Kaylen introduced me to Tangled Sunday (what a cute movie!) I felt the sudden urge to listen to Disney music!  The ballad from that movie is beautiful.  And of course I try not to sit at my desk and cry like an idiot when A Whole New World or A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes comes on.  And I also have to stop myself from singing along to I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book.  I figure that might be frowned upon.  But, gah, I love that monkey. 

Making me happy: thinking about all the fun I've had this month!  Our secret santa reveal was Wednesday and mine was none other than Lauren!  I think I was the only one who still wasn't 100% sure who theirs was.  For my reveal gift I got the most adorable cat canvas tote (she knows me well) and a Justin Bieber poster. Haha!  With a note attached saying it was in hopes of giving me "the fever".  That poster is currently hanging in our office.  I told Chris we could put it in our bedroom as the first piece of wall decor.  He didn't go for it.

Wishing: Everyone a very Merry Christmas!  Be blessed! 

PS.
You might notice a few changes here and there.  I'm going to be doing some redecorating.  So, ya know, don't freak out or anything.
And it's officially December 22nd and the world didn't end!
Goofballs.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man...Tangled is the best Disney movie ever...at least in my opinion. It has one cute story (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though?! I told my husband it will be one of the classics one day!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! The Christmas picture is gorgeous. I love that big fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! By the way, it's quite normal to be 25 and don't have it all together. It's a common age for people to feel like they should have it all together by then, but rarely anyone ever does :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas..LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mad Men is one of the best shows, can't wait for it to come back on. I dont think I'll ever feel my age, which by the way will be a whopping 30 in a few months. Ugh.

    I love that Lauren was Secret Santa. All the bad ass gifts kinda make sense now :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover