Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Social...JUST BE

Morning, all. Did anyone else have something all planned out to say earlier this weekend but just decided it wasn't important?  Yep.  Me too.  Last night after getting home from a family Christmas party and some light shopping I came home and turned on the TV and got on facebook.  That was a mistake.  I turned both off, put on a movie (Julie and Julia) and addressed more Christmas cards.  I just couldn't hear anymore.  But before I went to sleep I thanked God for the people I love so much and for His protection over them.  A few bloggers got together and  organized a way to remember and help.  Here's the link for more details if you'd like to participate.

Also, I'd like to point out that my babies are now famous.  Please visit Catsparella to see their beautiful feline faces featured in this week's Caturday post.

And finally, on to Social Sunday.  Hop over to Ashley or Neely's respective blogs to link up and play along!

Sunday Social

What is the wallpaper on your cell phone?
A picture from pumpkin carving LAST Halloween.  Need to update that.  It's just not easy on my dinosaur phone.

What do you keep beside your bed?
A lamp (duh), Maw's Disney World book, my bible, and a box of tissues.  And there's always some random crap thrown on it.

What is your least favorite chore?
Dishes.  I would rather do laundry all day long that do dishes once.

If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be?
Drying my hair.  It looks better dry, but seems to take forever because it's so long.  So if I could NOT dry it and it still look pretty, I'd go for that.
 
What do you do to vent anger? 
Oh gosh.  I'm a cryer.  I cry...and might scream a little.  I got out of the habit of throwing things when I threw a toothpaste bottle at a door and it exploded.
 
What is your favorite Holiday of the year and why?
Christmas by far.  Always has been, always will be.  It's a whole month of fun stuff to do.  It's pretty to look at.  It has its own movies and music.  It celebrates one of the events that my entire faith is based on.  

After all this sadness and death this week I couldn't help but remember a post I wrote a couple of years ago about living with passion because everyday could realistically be your last.  Might be worth another read today and if it gives you a little bit of happiness, awesome.

Everyone hold tight to the people you love, count your blessings, have a wonderful week and remember to JUST BE. 

8 comments:

  1. I hate dishes AND laundry! Laundry has become a little easier though since I found those downy unstoppables but only because I love the way it smells..you can't make dishes smell good LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells good! Another good point for laundry!

      Delete
  2. laundry is bad but dishes are the worst, it just kinda grosses me out!!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not drying my hair would save me so much time in the morning! And I'm with you, I finally had to turn the tv off too. Heartbreaking. Can't stop thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!! I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower. I was kinda maybe hopin' that you'd pop on by and follow me back!

    Happy holidays!
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite opposite when it comes to chores. I guess it is because I have a dishwasher, and it makes dishes simple, as for laundry, I have four people to wash for, and it can be overwhelming.

    New follower from Sunday Social

    <3 Amanda @ 3lilapples

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have naturally curly hair and it always takes too long to dry and straighten it! Would be nice to eliminate that from my day, too! :) New follower!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mines naturally curly too! It looks so much better straight but it's always tempting to spritz some gel in it and go!

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover