Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Social - All About Blogs

Morning, Friends.
Today is a special day because my "baby" sister turns 19!  So Happy Birthday to Kaylen!  Yesterday afternoon Kaylen, Mom and I went and got our nails done together.  I hadn't so much as been to a nail salon since I got married so I was kind of excited.  I got the "spa manicure" and the little woman almost put me to sleep massaging me arms.  

Last night after dinner with friends we stopped by Barnes and Nobles because on a whim I decided I needed a new journal to start writing in again.  And Barnes and Nobles has such pretty ones!...and expensive ones.  I was going to say "forget it, I can write in a steno pad" but Chris persuaded me to get a brown Italian leather notebook with a little leather rope to close it because he knew I liked it.  So $35 later I have a new journal.  My way of thinking is that if it's pretty it'll make me want to write in it more.  At least that's what I'm telling myself to justify spending $35 on a glorified NOTEBOOK.  Dang Italians and their pretty leather...

And now onto Sunday Social!  This week is all about our individual blogs.  An introduction of sorts.  I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's answers to these!  Link up with Ashley and Neely to play along!

Sunday Social

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
Two-Thirds Scarlett (formerly Southern Charm) and I started this blog in 2009 but really kicked it into gear in 2010.
 
2. Why do you blog?
Just for fun.  It's nice to have your own little space.  And I really enjoying finding new blogs and "meeting" new people from different walks of life.
 
3. What is the first blog you ever followed?
Oh gosh.  I don't exactly remember but I wouldn't be surprised if it was A Cup of Jo.

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
One of them is this post that inspired the blog name change.  The other is this one.  It's not the happiest but it's the most heart felt and personal thing I think I've posted.

5. What are your blogging goals for 2013?
Comment more!  I'm such a lurker.

6. Name your top 3 favorite blogs.
Right now it's Girl in Beta, Catsparella (a woman after my own heart) and Sometimes Sweet.

Tonight is dinner with the nearest and dearest in Tuscaloosa for Kaylen's birthday.  I do believe she's going to like what we got her.  And is it bad that I'm also looking forward to tonight know there's going to be cake?  I didn't think so.

Have a wonderful last day of the weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I saw the name of your blog listed on the link up and I had to come over to see if the name could be for THE Scarlett O'Hara!
    I LOVE Gone with the Wind. I've read the book a million and twelve times, and the movie...well, I try to watch it at least once a year!
    So nice to "meet" another person who appreciates the arched brown of Scarlett O'Hara!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course THE Scarlett! And I love that you mentioned her eye brows! To die for. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I used to read the Glamour blogs all the time, which is how I stumbled on Cup of Jo, since at one point she wrote for Glamour. It's actually how I discovered a lot of my favorite blogs back in the day.

    And I do love you're blog name, since I also would consider myself a tiny bit, Gone With the Wind obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And I generally don't trust women who aren't at least a tiny bit obsessed with GWTW.

      Delete
  3. You are gorgeous girl! Stopping by from the link up:) Love your blog!

    Shelby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! That's very sweet of you!

      Delete
  4. My baby sister turned 19 a couple months ago--it's crazy how they grow up! And I had to giggle at your description of buying a $35 glorified notebook. :P They really are so much more fun to write in when they are pretty. But I'm pretty sure that my husband would talk me OUT of buying one rather than allowing me to buy one. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday, Alyssa! Since you have that pretty new notebook (I mean, Italian leather journal), you should participate in my upcoming bloggers' event as we celebrate National Handwriting Day with a link-up called *PUT PEN TO PAPER* -- it's going to be so much fun seeing everybody's HANDWRITTEN blog posts. Have a great week!

    Big hugs,
    Nicole @ Three 31

    PEN TO PAPER --> http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/write-a-handwritten-invitation/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a horrible blog lurker too! I am hoping to correct that!!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover