Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Social - Home is Wherever I'm With You

Morning, friends.
It is currently 6:15 a.m. and we have just spent our first night in our new home.  Which is probably why I'm wide awake at 6:15.  It feels weird in a new room and I can't sleep!  Yesterday the two of us, my parents, sister, grandparents and some sweet friends (shout out to Donna and Buddy!) moved the rest of everything we own from our storage unit into our house.  Chris sent me a picture of the empty unit when they had loaded the rest while I worked on the kitchen.
It's very surreal!  I'm in my house.  My home.  There are still a few things we need to do,  blinds being the top priority.  Right now we have a few well placed beach towels in the windows of the bedroom and bathroom.
One thing I've learned tonight is to wear socks when going to bed or have slippers nearby!  Everytime I've gotten up I've been startled by how cool the hardwood floor is on my feet.  I've only ever lived with carpet!
It's starting to get lighter outside so maybe I'll finally get some good sleep!..and try not to think of the little guest room that's full of boxes waiting for me to unpack!
 
But first, Sunday Social!  Link up with Ashley and Neely to play along this week!
Sunday Social

1. What is your ideal way to relax?
Laying in pajamas with a blanket and a good movie or book.  Cliche but the truth!

2. Where is your favorite place to be?
Honestly?  Laying in pajamas with a blanket and a good movie or book!  Seriously, when I wake up in the morning I'm already thinking about going to bed that night.

3. Who do you consider your biggest role model?
The first person that comes to mind is a sweet lady I work with who is a shining example of a Christian woman.  She's a good friend, and unfailingly kind and giving.  She's the kind of person that always has a story to tell...and you want to listen to every single one!
 
4. What does your life look like in 3 years?
Oh gosh.  Right now I'm very optimistic.  I feel like all the pieces are starting to fit together and I can almost see the whole puzzle.  Like the stones of a path are being laid leading me to my future....or something.
 
5. If you could go back and change one decision, what would it be?
I would have bought my skinny jeans in a size up.  I didn't take shrinkage into account.  Seriously though, nothing I would tell.

6. What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far?
The house I'm currently sitting in.
 
I have to leave you with this.  Had it in my head all day!

8 comments:

  1. I am cracking up about the skinny jeans!!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home!! My husband and I bought our first home last year, and it truly is an amazing experience! It's an accomplishment, for sure!! Stopping by from the Sunday Social, I'm your newest follower!


    Allison @ 365projectlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower from the link-up!! Totally agree with your answers to 1 & 2! Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower from the Sunday Social today! Good luck on adjudging to you know home. Comjng frok someone who has moved around alot... completely understand! Feel free to stop by and check out my blog, I have a great giveaway up for grabs! Have a great day!

    http://southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the house!! New reader here and I can't wait to see pictures! I love all things real estate related!! Enjoy your new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the house!! That's one of my most favorite accomplishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats on the move.

    And really, that song... gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how i love my PJ's! I've been in them all day which is what i usually like to do on Sunday. Congratulations on your house. Good luck with where you'd like to be in 3 years. I'm stopping by from the Sunday Social hop, if you get a minute please stop by to say hi? I hope yo have had a great Sunday.

    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover