Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Different Perspective

After a super stressful weekend and Monday at work (see last blog post), I got up Tuesday morning on a completely different side of the bed.  
As soon as my eyes opened I had Florence + The Machine's Dogs Days Are Over stuck in my head.  That song makes me so happy!  I prayed and just thanked God for another day to get up, go to work, and come back to my new home, even if it does have things that need to be fixed.  I'm happy to own and share a house with my husband at all. 
This week has been a huge week at work after months of preparation and hard work.  I got to my office and my coworker/friend was in the same oddly peaceful mood I was.  She said "I was listening to Dog Days Are Over in the car on the way here and I just knew that everything was going to be ok!"  I said "NO WAY!"  Hahaha. Don't you love those moments?
Maybe it was because of the new stress-free attitude or maybe God took pity on me, but for whatever reason my skin cleared up.  Now it's back to seeing 25 year old Alyssa in the mirror.  Thank you, Lord.
 

So yesterday I let go of my little stresses and got a new, happier outlook.
Except for when it comes to my neighbor.  I still want to punch him.
But other than that!

So next time you're having a bad day, think about what that guy in the VW Bug commercial says: 
Turn dat frown, the otta way around!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're not as stressed!

    Sometimes neighbors just need a punch in the face...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover