Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Saturday in Alabama Spring

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I had a text from a friend asking if we had plans for dinner.  A few minutes later Daddy texted me asking if I wanted to go to Alabama's A-Day game.  At the SAME time I get a text from Mom asking if I wanted to go to Trade Days at Tannehill with her and Nana.  Chris and I start to plan what we're going to do for the day when I get a text from another friend saying she's in town and asking if we can do lunch!
 
I felt extremely popular.
 
The day went something like this:
 
11:00 - Lunch at Habaneros with Megan.  Conversation centers a lot around our pets.  It's kind of what we do.  Wal-Mart for no reason what so ever afterward.
 
12:30 - Chris leaves to coach a little league baseball game and I leave for Tannehill with Mom and Nana.  (Daddy, Kaylen and Don Don went to the A-Day game and I texted Kaylen telling her to be aware and be vigilant in the crowds and that I was only halfway kidding.)  I wore my AE chinos yet again and felt super cute because I found my late aunt's vintage watch in my jewelry box to wear.
Charming Charlie bag
Said watch and Charming Charlie bag I'm obsessed with.
Tannehill Trade Days
Arriving at Trade Days. (I had to squat to be at head level with them.)
Awesome shopping insues!  I've talked about Trade Days before but this is the first time I've ever been in the spring instead of the fall.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I left with an Iraqi Freedom Veteran hat for Chris (I know he won't wear it, but I just wanted him to have it), an ovarian cancer ribbon pin, a small glass vase for Lauren and I's DIY project, and an oval wood framed mirror for my hallway collage.  Not bad.
 
6:00 - Dinner at Kobe with Lynda and Joel.  They're always good comany anyway but last night was prom night for some local high school so we got a fashion show as well!
 
It's days like this that make me say "Lord, I know I don't deserve ANY of these wonderful people in my life, but please don't ever take them away from me".
 
I hope your Saturday was just as fun!  Maybe an awesome weekend will make Monday not feel quite so bad...Maybe.
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alyssa. I really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you take a minute and check my blog. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover