Friday, April 19, 2013

Simmered Tuscan Chicken: First Recipe!

First off, send all your prayers to Boston this morning.  If you haven't checked the news....might want to do that.  Insanity.

Anyway...

I told you in my Ten on Tuesday that I cooked a meal with actual food.   I made Simmered Tuscan Chicken, a recipe from a cookbook I got as a wedding gift.  Never in my 25 years have I bought garlic or basil.  Did you know that there are about ten cloves on one thing of garlic (don't know what you call one thing of garlic)?  Yea, me neither.  Recipe called for "2 cloves of garlic".  I bought two garlics.  Whatever.  Now I have a lot of garlic.  I had to get a manager at Publix to help me even find basil.  God love it.

After 3 plus years of blogging it gives me great pride and pleasure to present to you my first ever recipe:

simmered tuscan chicken recipe

Ingredients:
-2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
-2 cloves garlic finely chopped
-4 medium potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces (for the two of us this was way too much potato so next time I'll use 2 to 3 tops)
-1 medium red bell pepper cut into large pieces
 -1 24-26 oz. jar Ragu Old World Style sauce
-1 lb green beans fresh or frozen
-1 tsp dried basil 
-Salt and pepper to your liking

simmered tuscan chicken recipe
 
After heating the oil in a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic until chicken is cooked through.  
Remove chicken and set aside.
Add potatoes and pepper to skillet and cook for 5 minutes on medium stirring occasionally .
Add all remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 35 minutes.
Add chicken and heat through.
Ta da!
 
Don't be thinking that this means I'm going to start churning out awesome cuisine.  It definitely doesn't.  All my other "cooking" goes like this:
 
-Remove contents from box.
-Add water.
-Cook 20 minutes.
-Enjoy.

Have a great weekend everyone!
 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic!

    I'm a dinner from a box kinda girl myself cause I dont like the kitchen or spending time behind a stove but this...this I think I could do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love cooking, but sometimes I'm too tired and it's dinner from a box. This is a good and simple recipe, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So easy, and it looks delicious! This is totally going on the menu for next week :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover