Thursday, June 27, 2013

11 Years is a Long Time

I mentioned in my Ten on Tuesday that June 25th was our 11 year "together" anniversary. Every time we talked about it Chris would say "11 years is a really long time".  (I tried not to take offense to this.  I mean, who wouldn't want to spend 96423.9 hours with moi?  Don't answer that.)  
At first I thought it wasn't that long.  But when you think about it...

When Chris and I got together in 2002:

-Kelly Clarkson became our very first American Idol.
Kelly Clarkson winning American Idol

-Justin Bieber was 8 years old.  Still a baby.  Baby, baby, baby, oh.  Sorry.


 -The world's first cell phone equipped with a camera was introduced in the Nokia 7650. 
Nokia in 2002

-Friends still had two years left on TV before the series ended.

-Britney Spears had never been married (and still had all her marbles as far as we could tell). 
Britney Spears in 2002

 -Randy Couture fought Josh Barnett for the Heavyweight Championship in UFC 36.

-The US had not yet invaded Iraq.

- We (well, I) raided our dad's closets for neck ties and bought flat irons because of this new rad girl, Avril.
Avril Lavigne in 2002

All of that feels like a million years ago!
I think Chris wins this one.
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Jeepers, now I feel kind of old--I remember the flat irons-and-ties trend too well!!! Congrats on so many wonderful years together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this really does seem SO long ago. Love the flashback though. here from the blog hop, now following via bloglovin.
    Also... Happy Anniversary!! those are always fun to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover