Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Pink and Gold Affair - Mom's Birthday Party!

It gives me so much joy knowing Kaylen and I put together our first ever party for Mom. We knew her 50th was coming up and wanted to make a big deal out of it. Where Dad is kind of "nah, I don't want any attention", Mom is "OH EM GEE PARTY!".  Not really but she does like a good party!  

We started planning all of two months.  Dad just said "whatever" and unleashed us.  We got together a guest list, picked out a perfect invitation and got to work.  We did everything ourselves.  We got the venue, invitations, food, decor, everything.  

Around the time we were shopping at Sam's Club for the best prices for fruit, Kaylen and I just looked at each other wide-eyed and said "I think we've bit off more than we can chew".

Oh ye of little faith!  

The morning of, the sainted Lauren was in my little kitchen at 9 o'clock helping me make chicken salad sandwiches and cut up watermelons and pineapples.  God love her.  She even helped set up the banquet room and refill food as needed.  That's a FRIEND!

If I do say so, I think it went great for our first time!  And Mom had no idea it was coming.  The look on her face when she walked in the room was absolutely priceless.  I hated not being able to talk about it here!  And I'm shocked we were able to keep it a secret for so long.  

With great pride I present to you..
50th birthday banner
50th birthday invitation
Baby Buns Designs
50th birthday flowers

50th Birthday Strawberries


50th Birthday Centerpiece
50th Birthday Food50th Birthday Strawberry Water

50th Birthday Flowers

50th Birthday Cake
50th Birthday Cupcakes
50th Birthday Surprise
50th Birthday Surprise 


50th Birthday Surprise
50th Birthday Surprise
50th Birthday Mother and daughters
50th birthday family
50th Birthday Tristan
50th Birthday Friend
SO glad this girl is my friend.
50th Birthday Sisters
Cheers, Sister.
Lots of people came to celebrate with us and it was just a fun time!

Kaylen, Lauren, and I are starting our own party planning business.  
It's going to be called "Just Kidding It's A Lot Of Work".
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute party idea! I love the name of your event planning business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!
    Now following!!
    Looking forward to keeping up & getting to know you!

    I am doing two giveaways! If you would like, check it out!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover