Friday, August 16, 2013

Last Day

Today is my last day at work because Monday I start a new job and I'm really excited to have this opportunity.  At the same time I could sit and cry (and I have) knowing that I won't be sharing an office with two great friends.  Yesterday some of my coworkers (mostly my direct team and a couple we just claim anyway) took me to McAllisters and humored me with pictures.  God love 'em.

new job, parting gifts
Yesterday morning I had a sweet card from Pam waiting for me at my desk, with a sparkly cat on it, of course.  Lauren gave me a picture for my new desk, a snow globe from her recent trip to Vegas, and a card with a small novel written inside.  I've read said novel twice already and cried both times.
Pam, coworkers, new job
new job, Michelle, coworkers
Lauren, coworkers, new job
coworkers, new job
I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss this group of women.
For the past two weeks, knowing that this day was coming, while sitting in the office having a deep conversation or laughing to the point of tears with Pam and Lauren I think...what am I doing?  WHY am I leaving?  I might never have this connection with coworkers anywhere else.  We can be completely honest with each and be our weird, sarcastic, somewhat chaotic selves without fear of judgement.  They're not just "coworkers".  They're friends.
[Speaking of Friends, we finished the entire series Wednesday night and I was boohooing through the episode where Rachel is saying her goodbyes.  Perfect timing.]
It's going to be odd not seeing them everyday and having someone to laugh with, cry with, vent to, talk off a proverbial ledge...
I'm going to miss them SO much and I'm so incredibly thankful for their friendship.

I really believe this will be a good thing.  I'm getting out of my comfort zone and taking a leap of faith.  [Or spreading my wings as my mom put it.  She's a bit dramatic.]

Wish me luck!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alyssa, this made me tear up! It's always so hard to leave our comfort zone, and I applaud you for doing so. I have no doubts that you will excel in your new position and form strong bonds with your new coworkers.

    Happy last day!! Don't cry too much! Congrats on going for this new opportunity! Certainly takes guts <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover