Monday, August 5, 2013

My Favorite Day Part 2

 photo myfavoriteday_zpsad912ddf.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, we're pretty traditional and our wedding ceremony definitely echoed that.

-We had two officiants: our church pastor and my cousin (with the facial hair).

-I didn't get nervous until about ten minutes til showtime when my dad came in the bride room and told me to hold off because the church was full and they were trying to figure out how to fit people in.  Cue panic.

-I walked down he aisle to The O'Niell Brothers' rendition of the Forest Gump suite.  If you listen to the whole thing (God bless you) my grand entrance was at 1:55.  I had had this music picked out for years and I still can't listen to it without crying.
-Another cousin and a friend from school sang A Whole New World from Aladdin when we lit the unity candle. -The 3rd photo was the most surreal moment of my entire life.  Couldn't believe I was actually there. -Before my parents lit their candle Mom reminded Dad of how when I was 14 and said I had a new boyfriend Dad told her not to worry because it would never last. -We walked back don the aisle to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.
[All photos by James Roy (no longer in business)]
See Part 1 here and meet you back here next Monday for the 3rd and final part!
post signature
 

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful :) I love the little details! We had some O'Neil Brother's music playing during the dinner part of our reception - I have loved their music forever! And actually the O'Neil Brother's mom was my brother's 5th grade teacher! Cant wait for part 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, you were just beautiful!!! My favorite picture is the 4th one down! I love how you can see your eyes staring up at him through your veil.

    Steve and my first dance was to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so pretty. my favorite is the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at wedding pictures and yours were flawless. Your dress looked gorgeous on you and I love all of your flower arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover