Friday, September 6, 2013

A Word from Gus

Hi. Gustifson Garfield here.  You can call me Gus.

I thought I would take a moment to share something I realized about myself recently.  An epiphany if you will.

I am just your average cat.
There's not really anything special about me.   I'm not cute like a dwarf cat.  I'm not goofy looking in memorable way like Grumpy Cat.  I don't particularly care for music so I'm not cool like Dubstep Cat.  I'm not fashionable enough for actresses to pose with me on the covers of a magazines.

cat in window
Mom's Instagram
I'm just Gus.  And that's ok.  I like Gus.  Dixie doesn't and that's ok too.  I'm a slightly overweight (or obese depending on which vet you ask), lazy, lap cat.  My favorite things are sleeping on fresh from the dryer towels, looking out the window, sleeping under the covers, playing with hair ties, and sleeping on the blanket Mom got for Christmas (shout-out to Lauren).  And eating.  I love to eat.  Clearly.  Diets just don't work for me.  I've also accepted the fact that I'm just a big kitty.  Just like Mom has accepted that she'll never be a size 2. 

I'm friendly (unless you hold me for too long).
I'm loyal (at least until something more interesting catches my eye).
I never talk too much (unless I'm about to starve to death which is usually at 5:43 every morning).
I'm photogenic.  (Really.  I am.)
I have a cute pink nose.
I'm an awesome snuggle buddy.

See?  There are a lot of things to like about me.  I come with some negatives too.
I can't think of any right now but I'm sure there might be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I may never be a Fancy Feast model and I'm totally ok with that.

pretty cat eyes
But if I were to pursue modeling, this would be my headshot.
 
Have a good weekend, humans.
And learn to like yourself if you don't already.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Gus is COOL! You should feature him more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through the Let's Be Friends blog hop. Looking forward to reading your posts. I'm an Alabama girl too...living in Title Town. Roll Tide ;) I've recently started my own blog and am looking forward to hopefully making blog friends and contacts! -Kelley @ http://amoyeradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, Gus, you know you're my main man. Thanks for the shout out.
    Don't tell your mom but this is probably my favorite post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, he's so cute! I love his little whit cheeks.

    New follower from the Let's Be Friends Hop. Looking forward to reading :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover