Wednesday, October 2, 2013

From Dorothy to Miley: Halloween Costume Ideas

It's the 3rd day of October and that means it's time to start planning a costume!  We just got the green light to dress up at work too. 

I've been running a few ideas through my head of stuff I can put together.  Tell me if they're cute, stupid or over-done.

-Katniss: Am I a year too late for this?  This wouldn't be too hard to put together.  I have a black, shirt, jacket and mockingjay pin (nerd alert).  I have some boots that might work but I would need some cargo pants.  And of course I'd have to get a bow because mine is broken.  I don't have a bow.
Source
-Joan Jett:  I've been saying for years that I want to do this.  Every single time I listen to Cherry Bomb I'm like "I'm SO doing Joan Jett".  Again.  Something I could put together.  I  have a black "leather" jacket, converses, and some studded stuff (from a phase in high school).  I could make the shirt.  I might have to go buy some black jeans though.
Source
-Dorothy: This one I'm pretty sure I would just have to buy one from the Halloween store.  And that's fine with me.  I just googled "dorothy costume" and good lawd some of these Dorothys have left Kansas and gone straight to the strip club.  On the plus side for Dorothy is that I work with mostly older men and they would appreciate this.  Not very many grandpas know who the heck Katniss is.
Source
-Meth Cook ala Breaking BadI mean, obviously. Get a yellow jump suit, some goggles and package blue rock candy in little baggies and you're golden.  Plus any excuse to put this picture of Jesse Aaron Paul on my blog.

-Miley Cyrus: I think I can do this.  Throw on a white body suit, grab a teddy bear from the attic and never keep my tongue in my mouth.  Easy.  Not sure how I feel about the wig though.
Source
I'm totally kidding.
 
So whatcha think?  What's your vote?
Happy Costume Hunting!
 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Well, I will always vote for anything Breaking Bad related. Plus, you can wear whatever you want under that jumpsuit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dea, please no Miley. :)

    I vote for Joan Jett. She rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge Hunger Games nerd. So I say Katniss. And you could maybe educate some of the guys at work about today's newest heroine. Also, the Catching Fire movie comes out in November, so I don't think you're a year late. It is good timing if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katniss! The new movie should be coming out soon right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan Jett! I love cherry bomb. Following from the I love my post blog hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for any awesome, scary, funny or weird Halloween Costume Ideas and just in time, I found your blog which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover