Thursday, December 12, 2013

2013 Year in Review

I was really excited when Nicole announced her annual year in review link up.  Who amongst us doesn't love a good survey?  The link up is open until the last day of the year so you have plenty of time to think about your answers.

2013 Year in Review Survey link up

What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Lived in my own house.
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any and I won't be making any this year.  I never keep the things.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes!  Tracie had baby Tyler in May!
Did anyone close to you die?
No.
What countries did you visit?
Haha.  The good ole' US of A.
What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A working dishwasher would be sweet.
What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory?
August 16th.  My last day at work with Pam and Lauren.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know about "achievement" but I got lucky and got a great new job.
What was your biggest failure?
Eating more junk than I care to admit.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really an illness but at the beginning of the year I was still having bouts of vertigo.
What was the best thing you bought?
 My first smart phone!  A Galaxy and I LOVE it.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
 Not really behavior but we celebrated my parent's 29th anniversary in Gatlinburg.  That's something to celebrate!
Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage!  After that probably food.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tyler's birth, our trip to Gatlinburg, and seeing Catching Fire.
What song will always remind you of 2013?
Til We Grow Older by Imagine Dragons.  It's just so dang happy!  And that's been me this whole year!
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Infinitely happier.
Thinner or fatter?
Haha.  Next question.
Richer or poorer?
Richer.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading!  The reading dropped way off when I got my smart phone.  Go figure.
What do you wish you’d done less of?
Drinking caffeine.  I got it under control just a few weeks ago after a few days of massive headaches.
How will you be spending Christmas?
With immediate family at my parent's house.  How it always is and just how it should be.
Did you fall in love in 2013?
Been "in love" since 2002.
How many one-night stands?
Do what???
Who were your best friends?
Kaylen, Lauren, and Pam.
What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
Put together a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child.  It's not too late to do one yourself!
What were your favorite TV programs?
Breaking Bad was our big show this year.  We also religiously watched The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word and no.
What was the best book you read in 2013?
Silver Linings Playbook.  Having said that I was really disappointed with the movie.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Imagine Dragons HANDS DOWN.
What did you want and get?
A pretty little table for the kitchen.
What did you want but did NOT get?
 A Thomas Kinkade painting.
What was your favorite film of this year?
 DEFINITELY Catching Fire!
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Haven't had it yet!  I'll be 26 (good grief) on December 20th.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not real sure.  It's been a great year.  Maybe two actual spare rooms.  They're both still full of boxes.  Haha.
What kept you sane?
Liquor.  Just kidding.  Pam and Lauren for most of the year.  Other than them, evenings on the couch with Chris.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Duchess of Cambridge and Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul.  Quite a combination.
What political issue stirred you the most?
The Trayvon Martin case and how people who knew NOTHING about the case jumped on the CONVICT ZIMMERMAN bandwagon.  The Syria debate.  Lastly and most recently the Obamacare debacle and how our brilliant Commander and Chief is trying to force something that is UNCONSTITUTIONAL on the American people.  See?  This is why I don't talk politics.  It makes me angry.
Who did you miss?
Maw.  Everyday.
Who was the best new person you met this year?
My new bosses and coworkers at the job.  All of them.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
You're as young as you feel.  I've decided that I'm going to stop worrying about age and just be young forever.

Quote that sums up your year:
The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

2013 was a really great year for me personally.  I don't know if 2014 can top it!  But I can think of a few ways it can try...

Link up with Nicole and kiss 2013 goodbye!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I love this post!!!!! Thank you so much for particiipating in this little linky party and joining me in summarizing 2013. Congrats on the new house and job, I had a year like that in 2007 -- started a new job in Feb, married in March, and we bought our house in September. But it's ohhhhhh soooooo funnnnnn!!!!!!! Big hugs and blessings to you in 2014 .... and I wish you the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover