Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Hangover // Thank you, 2013

Hello, all!
I hope everyone is recovering well from their Christmas hangovers.  I’m not talking about anything alcohol induced.  It’s that lethargic state the days immediately following Christmas when everyone lets out a collective sigh because the excitement is over but the last few drops of the Christmas spirit lingers in the air.
Maybe a bit dramatic but that’s always how I feel.
 
It was a fabulous Christmas for the Whitts filled with family and new memories.
I won’t bore you with all of our family pictures, (because like every year, there’s a ton) but I’ll share just a couple of my favorites from the holiday.
 
My parents have always done Christmas big.  We’re just Christmas people.  Dad always hands out the gifts and it’s unacceptable for anyone else to attempt to play Santa.  They spoiled Kaylen, Chris and I as usual.
Remember when I told you I almost bought a Thomas Kinkade canvas?  I opened my first gift from Chris and it was the painting of Cinderella’s castle I wanted!  I nearly cried.  I genuinely wasn’t expecting it, but the sweet boy remembered how much I wanted it.  Of course there were tears.  A few gifts later, it’s another Kinkade canvas, this time of a scene from Cinderella!  More tears.  I open a couple more and get to a gift from my parents (or “Santa” as the gift tag says).  It’s two more Kinkades.  This time The Lion King and, be still my beating heart, GONE WITH THE WIND.  THAT one will go in our living room.
Yes, I am now the proud owner of FOUR Thomas Kinkade canvases.  I have arrived.
 
My next favorite moment of the day was when this picture happened:
 
My parents surprised Chris with a huge framed picture of Florida’s football stadium, The Swamp.  I think he was shocked, what do you think?  I don't know who was more surprised, Chris or Nana.
 
That evening after we ate dinner with my family, we sat around the living room in front of the tree and Daddy read the Christmas Story.
It was overall just a really nice day.  I feel like I’ve been sounding like a Hallmark card lately but dang it I’m just so happy!  Like blissfully, incandescently, sitting on a white, fluffy cloud, happy.  I’m blessed with so much more than I deserve.  I sit and think "this can't be my life, this can't be all for me".  I can never thank God enough for the loved ones He put in my life.  2013 has been a truly awesome year for my family and 2014 is shaping up to be just as great.

video


PS.  No Ten on Tuesday tomorrow!  Party hardy into the new year and we'll start fresh next week!
 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful!
    Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had such an amazing Christmas, and more importantly, and amazing 2013. I love that pic of Chris, but I think your Nana off to the side makes the picture even more complete. And that 'Lion King' Kinkade. Stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those canvases are so gorgeous, so happy for you!! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, I am just catching up to my blog reading so PHEW the holidays definitely wore me down haha! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover