Monday, December 23, 2013

My Cup Runneth Over // Thank you!

I had the BEST birthday weekend.  I was beyond spoiled Friday at work.  As soon as I came in my sweet office buddy had left a pair of fuzzy socks and an I Love Lucy magnet on my desk for me.
Word started spreading it was my big day and a few minutes later I was serenaded by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir a few coworkers.  When I checked my email, I found this little gem from Lauren:

Leonardo DiCaprio photoshop
This is why she's my friend.
If a handful of people knew it was my birthday, the secret was OUT when my mother, sister, and grandmother surprised me with balloons, roses, my favorite Dunkin drink and four dozen hot pink cupcakes.
26th birthday collage
I nearly cried when they walked in.  Later in the day I got a special delivery from ProFlowers.  The husband got me a gorgeous red and white bouquet in a peppermint striped vase with chocolates thrown in for good measure.  I'm not going to know what to do today at work when I'm not being showered the gifts and attention!
After work he took me to McAllisters and to see Catching Fire again.  I loved it just as much the second time.  Chris....not so much.

Saturday the whole family (David, Tracie, and babies included) took me to Joe's Italian.  Those boys just light up my life and I'm so glad they got to join the festivities.
blowing out the candles, birthday
When I got around to opening the gift from my parents, I was surprised when the decent sized box was mostly full of tissue paper.  I dug and dug and finally found the little black box.  Yall, inside was a pair of diamond stud earrings to replace the one I lost in Gatlinburg.  Cue the crying like an idiot.  I told you I got that pair for my 16th birthday and here I was getting a replacement pair 10 years later.  I can't even.

Thank you to everyone that took the time and wished me a happy birthday.  I am blessed beyond measure with more love from my friends and family than I deserve.  From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU.

I can't believe Christmas is two days away.  I have one gift wrapped.  One.  Don't forget there's no Ten on Tuesday link-up tomorrow!  Enjoy the day!  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family and friends and I hope you get EVERYTHING on your Christmas list!
Have a JOYFUL and BLESSED Christmas!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. hahaha,,
    that photo cracks me up. such a great friend. glad that you had a blast on your birthday. happy birthday again Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A birthday weekend fit for a queen! I still can't believe you let Chris pick the movie, but this just proves you're a much better wife than me!!!

    Can't stop giggling at the phtoshopped pic. That's a good friend you have.

    MERYY MERRY MERRY Christmas, from me to you, lovely girl!!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha for a second I actually thought you had met him! That's a great friend right there!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover