Monday, December 2, 2013

People You See on Facebook After the Iron Bowl

So the Iron Bowl was Saturday.  For my Alabama friends it goes without saying it's kind of a big deal.  For my blogger peeps that don't know what I'm talking about, go ahead and google that.  I'll wait.

Caught up?  Good.

After our devastating loss (and picking myself up off the floor) I told myself that I wasn't going to get on facebook for a week.  Yea, ok.  I went against my better judgement and scanned my news feed anyway.  Big mistake.  I realized that most people posting that night fell into four groups.
I'm not saying folks in these groups are wrong (ok, maybe one) but all is fair in love and college football.

Mean Girls eat and be happy
The people in Group One are Alabama fans who congratulated Auburn and said they're now going to root for them to take it all home and keep the crystal ball in the state.

Group Two are those who imply you're a bad Christian if you get too excited over a football team.

Southpark goth kids, non conformist
Those in Group Three (while few and far between) don't care about football and want you to make sure you know it. 

Group Four is filled with fans of the eleven teams we beat this year and fans of other top five teams who are suddenly Auburn fans.

What group am I in?
I'm in the group that thinks it's wrong to judge someone's walk with God because they wear team colors, will sulk for a few days but eventually get over it, and will never ever root for Auburn.  Ever.
Roll Tide til I die.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Scanning through Facebook and Twitter Saturday made me sick and I stopped after 10 posts in a row were just obnoxious and made me question humanity on our planet. I haven't really looked since. Apparently, it still isn't over. Amazing how the sun still came up Sunday, isn't it? It is football. And while I love it and hate that we lost...for heavens sake I wish people would move on and stop making the rest of us look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha this cracked me up!! Being from the midwest and not watching too much football, I wasn't into the game but did catch the end with the bf. You have theee best attitude about it for sure! I love the categories you created, so spot on lol!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover