Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2014 Grammys - Good, Bad, and Ugly

So in case you haven't turned on a television, or read a headline, or been on twitter, or live under a rock, the Grammys were on Sunday night. Let me just go ahead and say, this is my least favorite award show. I'm a movie girl. It's where the A-listers are and it's where the amazing gowns are. Plus you don't have to sit through hours of (some questionable) performances.

Here's a quick rundown of my Grammy thoughts:
-Bey and J were hot.
-Hunter Hayes sounded terrible.
-Lorde is basically a vampire.
-Tswift is still annoying.
-Bow down to Pink.
-People will be worshipping Macklemore forever now.

On to the good stuff. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!

The Good:
grammys best dressed, chrissy, sarah, taylor, pink
Chrissy Teigen - Good grief those curves. Like liquid gold. // Sarah Hyland - This might be my favorite thing she's ever worn. She look young and stylish. And her hair and makeup is FOR SURE the best I've ever seen. // Taylor Swift - I can give credit where credit is due. I've always loved gold and I was really digging the chain metal and cool neckline. And I'm glad she didn't do a predictable red lip again. // Pink - I've never seen her look better! Red is definitely her color and it fit her to perfection.
Honorable Mentions: Colbie Callait, Ciara, Gulianna Ranic, Katy Perry.

The Bad:
grammys 2014 worst dressed
Kacey Musgraves - Girlfriend is gorgeous but this dress completely washed her out and looked a little too prom. // Natasha Beddingfield - Not feeling this at all. Plus she needs to hire a new hair stylist. // Rita Ora - The color reminds me of puke and it's really ill-fitting in the midsection. // Sarah Bareilles - Such a pretty girl and she did herself ZERO favors with this dress and that hair! I would have liked it better if the dress wasn't hi/low and she had done something more styled with her hair.
Dishonorable Mentions: Alicia Keys, Paris Hilton, Ariana Grande.

The Ugly:
grammys worst dressed
Madonna - leave it to Madonna to something over the top and ridiculous. The worst part is the grill you can't see. // Nadeea - WHAT IS THIS?! There are just....no. I can't even. // Kaya Jones - Slutty slutty slutty. But maybe that was the point? // Zendaya - Poor girl. So pretty and so modelesque and this is what she does. Looks like Project Runway gone awry.
Dishonorable Mentions: Fantasia Barrino, Skylar Grey.

Agree? Disagree?
I'm just ready for the Oscars. That's all I have to say about that.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is cracking me up! I seriously needed to fan myself (and if I smoked, a cig) after Queen Bey and Jay-Z's performance. The chemistry was palpable, I loved it. And seriously, she is sexy. Kinda love her. I too, had to give T-Swifty for that dress. It was gorgeous, and it fit her well. I LOVED Katy Perry's music note gown. I WILL wear that sometime in my life. Madonna- her poor face. It looks painful. I was REALLY disappointed with Sara Bareilles. She is so talented and pretty, and I just thought she could have done SOOO much better. Her performace was amazing, though! It litterally looked like someone poured Christy Teigan's dress on her. My goodness, her curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I liked Taylor on the red carpet. I usually don't but this was a nice change of pace.

    I pretty much like nothing that Rita Ora wears. I don't know why she's considered "fashionable"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god thank you for this!! I haven't watched the grammys so i just needed this whole post. really madonna?! t-swift is so pretty. it's not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh I am so glad someone else thought so too - Hunter sounded awful. I mean sweet song, but seriously, he did not sound good. And Lorde was having seizures performing her song? Calm down girl, it isn't that big of a deal. Pink looked beautiful, and yes we all need to bow to her. What did you think Katy Perry's white gown with the music notes?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover