Monday, January 6, 2014

Decoding My Demon Dream

Back in July I had such a crazy dream I took to the interwebs to help me decipher it.  I dreamed I put the cats in Christmas sweaters.

Last Friday night I had the weirdest/scariest dream I've had in a while.  I dreamed I was at my Nana and Don Don's (my grandparents) house alone and the the place was being haunted by a demon.  A black, faceless, floating demon.  It favored a dementor from Harry Potter but with more of a human shape.  It was my job to exorcise said demon.  So I did.  Like full on The Exorcist, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU,  IT IS NOT ME BUT GOD THE FATHER WHO COMMANDS YOU, I CAST YOU OUT UNHOLY DEMON exorcism. 
Yeah.  It went there.

be gone demon, decoding demon dream, demon dog
This shouldn't be that funny to me but it is.
I haven't watched The Exorcist (one of my faves) in a while so I don't know where this came from.
Dreammoods.com says "To see demons in your dream indicates that you may be experiencing or inflicting fear, emotional distress or physical abuse in your waking life. Demons are also symbolic of ignorance, negative habits, and of your shadow self. Perhaps you are being overindulgent and letting some negativity give way to your better judgment. Alternatively, the demons may represent a past secret that is still haunting you."                                        

This doesn't make sense.  Chris isn't beating me, I'm not overly worried about anything, and I don't have any skeletons in my shallow closet.  Here are some theories I have:

1. Dreammoods said it could be symbolic of overindulgence.  Maybe it's my subconscious telling me to lay off the nutty buddy bars.

2. There really is something evil floating around my grandparents' house and we need to call the nearest Catholic church.

3. Maybe that Friday night was taco night?

I'm at a loss.  Clearly.
Had any good dreams lately?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This was a very common occurrence for me for a while until recently (2-3 months). At least once a week I would have dreams of a negative supernatural theme. Often through the course of the dream, I would actually become the creature that was causing the strife (how does THAT decode? lol) - the problem turned out to be something I needed to admit to myself that I had been avoiding. Once I faced up to it, it stopped. Not sure if that's applicable to your life, but just in case it is, there you go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's crazy! I hardly ever have dreams of the supernatural type. LOL, now I know I'm going to have osme sort of Exorcist dream tonight.

    I'm thinking it's the Nutty Buddy bars...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover