Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolutions I Should Be Making

Happy 2014, yall!
2013 was so awesome I was sad to see it go!  Chris and I made a date of it and rang in the new year with dinner at J. Alexanders and watching an 80’s cover band called The Velcro Pygmies at a local bar.  As the name might suggest they were…interesting.
New Years Eve 2014, Ironhorse Cafe, The Velcro Pygmies
 
 I’ve said for the past couple of years that I don’t make new years resolutions.  I never keep them and I’m setting myself up for failure.  Now I’m not so naive to believe that there are not a few things I need to work on.  I just think that when I really and truly want to change them, I’ll do it no matter what date it happens to be on the calendar.
But if I were going to make new years resolutions (which I’m not…just so we’re clear) here are a few I would make:
 
Resolutions I Should Be Making
 
 -Read more books and stop playing so much on the smartphone.  I told you this has been an issue for me since getting my first ever smartphone in August.  I have read two, count em’, two books since August.  That’s pathetic for me.  I genuinely enjoy reading, it’s just that it’s so easy to get in bed, “check facebook real quick” and then get sucked into Instagram, Vine, and Pinterest.  …And then imdb.com, facebook again and TMZ.
-Stop being so sarcastic.  Yea ok.  Moving on.
-Cook more.  Take-out less.  Ugh.  This is huge.  I’m not a great cook therefore it’s honestly something I only tolerate doing.  I LOVE to watch people cook but it’s just never been something that came naturally to me.  I NEED to find some super easy recipe book made for people like me.  Because heaven knows the people at the Hueytown take-out establishments need a break from my face.
-Make the bed every morning.  I like it when the bed is made.  I do.  Makes the room feel neater and more inviting.  Trouble is my name is Alyssa and I don’t like being productive that early in the morning.
-Slow down on the sweets.  This is just not going to happen.  I love food.  I love sweet food. I consider it a personal victory if I stop at one nutty buddy bar.
-Hang some photos on the walls.  Chris has been on my case  asking me for a while to hang something on the walls.  Photos.  Art.  Pictures of another family.  Something.  ANYTHING.  It’s time to make our semi-new house more homey.
 
So there you have it.  All the New Years resolutions I should be making…but am definitely, absolutely, most decidedly not.
 
Have a great weekend!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I also need to hang more on the walls, currently my dorm room just has beer boxes on the wall.. not gonna lie though. Kinda cool. the smart phone thing. I totally understand. Yet Smart phones just sound like way more fun. Hey you win some you lose some.

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting NYE! I like your resolutions and the fact that you refer to them as things you need to work on and not resolutions because I too am not really into the new year's resolution idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally laughed through this entire thing. If I send you framed photos of Steve and I, will you hang them up? PLEASE???

    The Velcro Pygmies? WOW

    I'm not much of a cook either, and being that my husband was raised by an Italian SAHM, he's used to pasta and homemade gravies. Yeah, not gonna happen. But, put that smartphone to good use, and look up some recipes on Pinterest. I've found some awesome, not terribly difficult recipes that were actually EDIBLE!! Is it as easy as going out to dinner? Hell no. But, it's not tooo bad

    Dont ever stop being sarcastic. Like ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been much for resolutions either. Truth is I hardly ever do any of them so why set myself for definite failure, ya know. Looks like you had a fun NYE. ..mine was spent at the Urgent Care cause the hubs decided to come down with bronchitis. Lame.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover