Thursday, February 27, 2014

Share in This Victory With Me // Mexican Lasagna Roll-Ups

Dear friends, something remarkable took place in the kitchen Tuesday night. I cooked a meal with several components...and it went flawlessly. It was a banner day in the Whitt house. I’ve been searching Pinterest like crazy for new recipes as part of the Chef Alyssa challenge and found this one for Mexican Lasagna Roll-Ups and thought it would be fun to try.

cooking, recipe, pasta, mexican food

It required shredded chicken so I boiled chicken for the first time ever. Cooked perfectly.
It required lasagna noodles so I cooked actual pasta for the time ever. Cooked perfectly.
It required a filling and a sauce and both came out perfect.
It was the biggest achievement of my week. Maybe my life thus far.

cooking, recipe, pasta, mexican food

And what’s more is it was actually fun to make. I enjoyed watching the chicken and pasta cook and mixing the sauces simultaneously. It was fun to spread the filling on the lasagna and roll it up. And when it came time to eat after forty minutes of baking it was soooo good. Probably my favorite thing I’ve ever made. Chris, my picky husband, even enjoyed it.
When it came out of the oven I screamed at him “honey, come in here and see this! It looks the way it should look! Share in this victory with me!”.

cooking, recipe, pasta, mexican food

Me: I’m so proud of myself. I’ve never cooked chicken or pasta like that before.
Chris: Don’t you just boil both of them?
Me: Yes. But the point is I did them both correctly.
Kill joy.

cooking, recipe, pasta, mexican food

post signature

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'll definitely have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's making me hungry!! I know what I'm trying out come the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do husbands never understand how exciting it is when we have culinary wins?!! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover