Monday, February 17, 2014

Why My Weekend was Awesome

Why My Weekend was Awesome, weekend recap

-Friday was (of course) Valentine's Day. I just love this day. The pink and red, all the hearts, the candy... After work Chris and I got all gussied up and went to our fancy shmancy, one time a year restaurant. I'll be dreaming about that steak for a week. We didn't do gifts buuut....I surprised him with a Datevitation coupon book I won from a giveaway. I'd been trying to win one for months and finally did just in time!
Daddy stopped by before we left to give me chocolates and a card that made me cry (his always do).
valentines day, chocolates, why my weekend was awesome

-Saturday Chris had his first practice for the little league season coming up and the kitties had a vet appointment. Their favorite. I can't take them by myself so Kaylen went with me. Her only stipulation was that she didn't want to have to carry Gus. Poor fat boy. It's always an event taking them to the vet. After we dropped them off we got breakfast at Ihop (our favorite) and piddled around for a little while. We drove to Daniel's house to pick him up and he asked Kaylen to move his 4-wheeler. (He can't drive it yet since his accident.) Kaylen told me to hop on and I rode my first 4-wheeler ever. This is how it went down:
Good times.
After that little adventure Chris and I went to pick the heathens up. They were being so hateful the vet actually asked us to come to the back and get them in their crates because they wouldn't let any of the techs touch them. That's a new low even for them. Like I said, always an event.

-Sunday was just a typical Sunday. My favorite day of the week. Church with Mom, Dad, and Kaylen then lunch and goofing off after. We ate at Dad's favorite place, ran a few errands, got some Dairy Queen, and listened to Disney music on the way home. It doesn't sound like much but it was perfect. Sundays usually are. It's days like that that remind me how blessed I am just to have the people in my life that I do. When I got home I had the house to myself (well, and the kitties) so I vacuumed, did some laundry and dishes and watched Tombstone. My last post made me want to watch it!

If you had an awesome weekend and blogged it, leave your link in the comments!
Have a great week!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous weekend Alyssa ( every time I read your name, I make it a point today in correctly inmy head. Glad your valentines day fancy schmancy dinner was wonderful. Can't go wrong with steak! WEll, I guess you can, but it sounds like you didn't. Your kitties! So evil at the vet. Hysterical. Mine are actually ok, but I can see them being awful as they get older. Too funny.
    I'm glad you had a great time 4- wheeling, but I have to be honest. The former trauma nurse in me in cringing that you aren't wearing a helmet... I know, I'm such a downer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great Valentine's Day!! Your kitties sound like terrors of the underworld! Mine are usually pretty good at the vet, and the techs love my older cat because he's such a lover. But then, they haven't had a lot of interaction with the baby yet. She's a fighter and I have a feeling if she ever had an extended stay at the clinic, I'll be getting a call to pick her up with a crate too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Especially Dairy Queen and Disney music. (=

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover