Friday, March 14, 2014

A Word from Dixie

a word from the cat, cats, blog guest

Hello, all. Dixie here. FINALLY. Please don’t ask me why Gus got to write a post SIX WHOLE MONTHS AGO and I’m just now being acknowledged. Actually, scratch that. Yes, go ahead and ask me. It’s because my brother is Mom’s favorite. Yes, she loves us both equally blah blah blah but he is definitely her favorite child. Maybe because he’s lazy and likes to eat all the time so they have more in common. That’s fine. Gus can have Mom. That just means I get to claim Dad. He and I are more alike anyway. More sociable. More adventurous. Prettier…

There are plenty advantages to being a Daddy’s girl.
Unlimited belly rubs.
Wet food when Mom isn’t home. She has us on a dry food diet. Thanks, Gus…
Attention on the regular.

Don’t get me wrong. Mom shows me attention too and I do love her. But as any southern girl will tell you, there’s just something special about Daddy. Nothing comes between him and his “pretty girl”. I’ll say this for Mom though: I LOVE that she’s been opening the windows for me since it got pretty outside. I say for me because Gus can’t launch his fat self into the window sill without assistance. One of my favorite things to do on weekends is sit in the sunlight and intimidate the squirrels. They are so lucky I’m an indoor cat.

I’m rambling now.

Enjoy your weekend, people.
And for the love, give your cat some wet food

blog guest, cat, blogger cat

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Aww, you are so beautiful and adorable, Dixie! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this is so cute! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you cat is super cute, Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the BEST! What a cutie! I laughed at the part about Gus being too fat to fit into the windowsill. My Tortie cat has the same situation with her heftier older brother. But it means she gets to watch the birds all by her self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny! My cats are on a diet too haha, so they aren't very happy with us either

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover