Thursday, March 13, 2014

Are You Afraid of the Dark? Yes. Yes, I am.

I’m a big fat wuss bit of a scaredy cat. Always have been.
Like I told you in Ten on Tuesday, Sunday night the power went out. Not just flickered a little and came back on either. Complete darkness for an hour and a half. I was home alone sitting on the bed with the cats watching Pride & Prejudice when my worst nightmare started (this is only a slight exaggeration). Naturally the flashlight in the nightstand was dead and all I had for light was my cell. I called my mom in a panic and she talked to me while Dad walked to my house. (Their power less than a quarter mile away was out too.)
I don’t know what it is about being alone in the dark that is so dang SCARY. Before I got Mom on the phone I was paralyzed by the window in the bedroom too afraid to move. But as soon as I had Mom talking to me I could walk around enough to undo the alarm, put on my boots that were sitting by the door and walk outside. It was actually less scary outside in the darkness with the moonlight than it was in the house. By the time Dad walked into the yard Chris was pulling up with dinner asking “um…what’s going on?” We hopped back in Chris’s car and went to Nana and Don Don’s house and took advantage of their old kerosene lamps and ate our Milo’s by candlelight. How romantic.

blackout, are you afraid of the dark, power outage, milo's, candlelight
They just happened to have our wedding photo on the coffee table.
Darkness might be my worst fear but it definitely isn't the only one.
I'm afraid of:
Storms (very much so).
Tight spaces.
Zombie Apocalypse.
Having kids.
NOT having kids.
Large bodies of water.
Opening a can of biscuits.
Being chased.
Open flames.
Insidious.
Driving over bridges.
David Bowie.

What are you afraid of?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. The having vs. not having kids debate is high on my fears list right now. I'm also afraid of everything that's ever happened on Criminal Minds and when I'm alone my own shadow. I was afraid of zombies but this far into The Walking Dead I've decided being a zombie is probably more fun than fighting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared of the dark too! Tight spaces freak me out--I can't do elevators, the thought of being trapped in one makes me sweat. Heights, water, children, bugs and ghosts also rank high on the list.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover