Thursday, March 20, 2014

Jumble of Thoughts

Is “jumble” a word?
I think it's a word.

cats, window
Pre-Haircut
Those poor people on Flight MH 370. Those poor families. With them leaning toward the possibility of hijacking it’s enough to make you hope it just crashed into the ocean. That’s probably better than the alternative of landing in a terrorist country and being subjected to heaven knows what. I can’t even imagine what those families must be going through. What’s worse? Knowing from the get go that your loved one died suddenly when the plane exploded or thinking maybe they’re alive and might get home safe but are currently being held hostage by evil people? But it’s incredible to me that something as big as a Boeing 777 can just…vanish.  I guess there's always hope though.

It’s not quite April yet and I’m already dreading being in the heart of tornado season. I realize it’s ridiculous to worry about something like that before it even gets here, but it terrifies me. I look at people in California and think “I couldn’t live there because of earthquakes”. I look at people in Florida and think “I couldn’t live there because of hurricanes”. Then I remember….oh yea. We’re constantly dodging tornado after tornado. The community next to ours has been demolished twice. TWICE! I think (and this is a very pessimistic way to think but) it’s just a matter of when and not if it happens to us.

Sunday has become my favorite day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Saturdays but I really look forward to Sundays so I can go to church. I was just sitting here thinking “how many days until I can go to church again?” I get excited about going and don’t want to miss anything because no matter who is preaching there’s something to learn from every sermon. The pastors never scream at you but their words are still convicting. I don’t think God’s word has to be yelled to have an impact. It’s powerful enough on it’s own. Everyone there is so nice and you can tell they’re just as happy to be there as you are. I LOVE the music and it’s one of the greatest blessings to be able to worship with my family. It’s really easy to see why this church has grown by leaps and bounds.

I’m itching to go somewhere. It’s only been four months since we went to Gatlinburg but I would go this weekend if offered. I wouldn’t care if we stayed in a dump. In just the past couple of days we planned to meet Mom, Dad and the whole crew in Gulf Shores for the long 4th of July weekend. It’s a little ways away but I’m still so excited. I’d take the mountains over the beach any day of the week but just to take a little trip and eat good food for a couple of days! Then of course there’s the trip to end all trips to….DISNEY. Sigh. I have to say it with reverence. One does not simply talk about a trip to Disney World without fangirling a little.

This is what's been on my mind lately.  Just a random splattering of thoughts all over the board.
Thanks for taking that little trip with me.  Have a fantastic Thursday. 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I feel so sad for the families that lost there love ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally ctching up on blog reading this week. Only 47 more to go! Yikes! I've been glued to CNN watching anything I can about the plane. They were interviewing the partner of one of the missing passengers, and she said she hoped the plane was hijacked bc that leaves an inkling of hope he's still alive. Crazy, right? I'm just so sad for all these people, after 2 weeks, we still don't know anything. Crazy, really.
    So exciting about the family trip you have planned. Something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So basically I am already dreading tornado season as well! I don't know how much longer I can handle all the threats of bad weather. I freak out every damn time and am going to give myself a stroke or something. Everyone is all wah wah wah snow but the thing is...snow cant kill you unless you get in an accident or have to live outside in it. Tornadoes? They don't give a shit what type of home your live in...they will come for you and tear that shack down like the big bad wolf!

    That whole plane situation is just crazy and I don't like to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover